What Do I Need For 2023 Unisa Registration?
What Requirements Do I Need For 2023 Unisa Registration?
The 2023 Unisa registration will begin on the 4th of January 2023 and will be closing on the 24th of January 2023. Applicants (new applicants & Unisa students who applied for admission to a new qualification) may only register if they have received an offer of placement from Unisa and have accepted the offer online.
But before you register, applicants must know the admission requirements. In this article, you will find the full admission requirement as required by Unisa. Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification. If you don’t meet these requirements, you may want to consider alternative qualifications.
Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting new courses). The due date for uploading the required documents is the application’s closing date. No documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted.
Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
What Do I Need For 2023 Unisa Registration?
Registrants need to check that they qualify for admission and have the necessary documents ready to upload during the registration process. Prospective students should make sure they:
- meet the statutory and college admission requirements for my qualification(s) of choice.
- meet the minimum academic points score (APS) for my qualification(s) of choice.
- have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number, and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address and cellphone number. Please ensure that you provide only one e-mail address and one cellphone number during the application process.
* If you do not have an e-mail address, you may create a free e-mail address via Gmail before you start the application process.
** Remember to save your e-mail address and password.
** It is very important that you check your e-mails regularly for communication from Unisa about your application.
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consist of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
What Are The Minimum Admission Requirements For The University Of South Africa
Below are the UNISA Minimum Admission Requirements for 2023. Registrants should read very carefully before they proceed to the online application process.
When applying to the University of South Africa (UNISA) online, applicants should make sure that the following Admission Requirements listed below are met. Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements. Make sure you qualify for the required academic points score (APS) for your chosen qualifications.
- A Higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15
- A Diploma with a minimum APS of 18
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum APS of 21 or more
UNISA Minimum entry criteria: Year-end school report for Grade 9 or approved equivalent qualification. For more insight:
- Visit the University of South Africa Admission Requirement Portal – https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default/Apply-for-admission/Undergraduate-qualifications/Qualifications/General-admission-requirement
How to Register at UNISA Online 2023-2024
The University of South Africa (UNISA) Online registration is very easy, simple, and accurate. In the course of your registration, you will be prompted when you make a mistake or enter any wrong information. Follow the steps below to register with UNISA online:
- Go to the UNISA website: www.unisa.ac.za
- Click on “Register” at the top right side of the page
- Read the registration information for 2023
- Find the qualification you wish to register for and choose your modules, (Undergraduate & Honours, Master’s & Doctoral and Short Learning programmes)
- Complete your registration online at https://registration.unisa.ac.za
- Select the qualification level and click “Go”.
- Enter your Student Number in the space provided and other details that are required
- Consider checking your personal details on the screen
- If any contact details are missing or incorrect, make sure you change them.
- Then, click on the modules from the drop-down list for which you want to register.
- Make sure you meet all the qualification requirements for your chosen modules
- Ensure that you do not exceed the given number of modules per semester or year, otherwise, it may delay your registration process.
- After that, you calculate your study fees. Click HERE to obtain a quote for the cost of your modules.
- Finally, submit your registration.
Remember: After you submit your registration, it may take a little time before you receive confirmation of your registration. As you are waiting, it would be a good idea to start preparing for your studies.
When you received confirmation of your registration, you are required to register on myUNISA, the university’s online student portal where you will be able to download your study material, including your tutorial letters.
Contact Details Of Unisa
General resources: websites, general SMS, fax and e-mail enquiries. A number of administrative processes, including the convenience of fee payments and information about examinations, are available on the following platforms. All application, registration and study-related information are available on the Unisa corporate website in both web and mobile formats.
- Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za)
- myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za/)
- Fax enquiries to 012 429 4150