How Long Is A Semester At Unisa In 2023
How Long Is A Semester Registration At Unisa In 2023
Unisa has announced that the 2023 academic year will be made up of two(2) semesters. The application for the first semester of the year 2023 begins on the 4th of January 2023 and the semester 1 application closing date will be on the 24th of January 2023. During the first semester application period, students who wish to register for their modules can do so using the date provided for the first semester in 2023 provided there are no pre-requisite requirements for modules.
The Unisa second semester registration 2023 also begins from 20th June to 18th July 2023. In all, a semester at Unisa for the 2023 academic year is 22 weeks long. The semester has as long as six months. Be remembered that, all years are not the same, therefore subsequent years may vary.
Unisa Semester One Application Date For 2023
Do you want to apply for Unisa for the first semester season, keep reading to find out the dates attached to each qualification:
- Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2023 academic year will be open from 1 September to 14 October 2022.
- Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2023 academic year will be open from 1 September to 14 October 2022.
- Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications for the 2023 academic year will be open from 11 September to 14 November 2022 (some exceptions apply).
- Applications and registrations in Short Learning Programmes for the 2023 academic year will be announced in due course. Please be on the lookout for the messages in the next few weeks.
Unisa Second Semester Registration Dates For 2023
- Unisa’s second-semester registration date for undergraduate qualifications, honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas begins from the 20th of June to the 29th of July 2023.
- Registration for the MBA and MBL qualifications with second-semester modules will be open from 20 June to 29 July 2023.
- 2023 registrations of UNISA’s Short Learning Programmes (SLPs) are open from 13 September 2022 until 28 February 2023.
How To Register For Unisa For 2023
if you are applying for undergraduate and honours, take note of the following before you proceed with your registration:
- Applicants (new applicants & Unisa students who applied for admission to a new qualification) may only register if they have received an offer of placement from Unisa and have accepted the offer online. Unisa reserves the right to not process and/or cancel your registration if it is found that you were incorrectly admitted to a qualification.
- Re-registering students must register for the 2023 academic year during the relevant registration period.
- The university provides all registered students with a free myLife e-mail address. It is your responsibility to activate your myLife e-mail account as soon as your registration has been finalised. Your myLife e-mail account will be the only e-mail account recognised by Unisa for official correspondence to and from the university and will remain the official primary e-mail address on record at Unisa.
Find qualification and chose a module of your choice
- Each Unisa qualification is structured in such a way that you need to pass a certain number of NQF level credits within a certain amount of time in order to graduate. It is also very important that you manage your studies and are able to pass the number of NQF level credits for which you register each semester or year
Calculate your study and other fees
- It is important to assess the full cost of your studies before confirming your modules for registration. What you can afford will affect the number of modules for which you can register. Our fees differ depending on your qualification, your number of modules, and so on, but basically, they include prescribed student fees (including registration fees), miscellaneous fees and fees for additional study material.
Fill out all the registration in its completeness
Successful applicants and re-registering students must register to study through Unisa in 2023.
- Applicants (new applicants & Unisa students who applied for admission to a new qualification) may only register if they have received an offer of placement from Unisa and have accepted the offer online.
- Re-registering students can register for the 2023 academic year during the relevant registration period once they have received their registration details from Unisa.
- Should you wish to change to an alternative qualification, please apply online for the alternative qualification during the prescribed application period.
- If you would like to cancel your registration or any part thereof, please take note of Unisa’s cancellation dates.
Pay for your study fee
All fees must be paid into the Unisa official bank account with the correct reference number in order for the university to process your registration before the relevant closing date. For your convenience, Unisa provides a variety of different payment methods. In the case of electronic transfers, please ensure that the reference field is completed correctly. No cash or cheques will be accepted at any Unisa office. Cash can, however, be paid into the university’s bank account at any First National Bank branch.
Unisa Semester Rregistration requitrements 2023
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consist of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Also read: Is Unisa Open For 2023 Applications?
It may take a little time before you receive confirmation of your registration. While you’re waiting, it’s a good idea to start preparing for your studies.
Once you’ve received confirmation of your registration, you need to register on myUnisa, the university’s online student portal where you can download your study material, including your tutorial letters.
Please note: All communication sent to you after the initial study package (with the exception of study guides) will be sent electronically to your myLife e-mail account (eg follow-up tutorial letters, examination timetables and results, financial statements). You will no longer receive such communication in printed format.
All students must book a space before visiting any Unisa office
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
0800 005 311
- All application, registration and study-related information is available on the Unisa corporate website in both web and Mobi formats.
- Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za)
- The myUnisa website.
- myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za/)
- Fax enquiries to 012 429 4150
The due date for the application fee is the closing date for the application period. Any application submitted without an application fee paid on time will not be processed. Please ensure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment. For more details, Visit the official website of Unisa.