Is Studying At Unisa Free In 2023
Is Studying Unisa Qualification Free In 2023
From the 1st of September 2022 to the 14 of October 2022, the online application for admission at Unisa will be open to undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications. Unisa will assess your application according to the academic admission requirements of your qualification(s) of choice and the final mark obtained for your major subjects at the third-year undergraduate level. If you do not meet these requirements, your application will be rejected. You will be provided with the reason why your application was rejected and/or a way forward.
It has been a huge concern for many, in wanting to know whether one can study at Unisa for free. Applicants applying to study at Unisa for the 2023 academic year are to pay a non-refundable fee of R125. Remember that this fee is not refundable so should you decide not to study at Unisa or maybe you did not meet the university’s admission requirements, it cannot be paid back.
Unisa is an educational institution which is been run by funds, therefore, applicants are to pay for their application fees, registration fees and other applicable. However, all families are not the same in monetary aspects, so other not from the University denying anyone of education, there are bursary schemes and agencies that provide students with bursaries, loans and scholarships to well-deserved students. Should a Unisa student gain scholarship he/she can study at Unisa for free.
Who Can Apply For Bursary At Unisa In 2023
- Students must have obtained an average of at least 75% and above in their previous year of study.
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens registered for a formal qualification in any discipline at Unisa.
- The bursary covers tuition fees and prescribed textbooks only.
- Awards will only be made if there is sufficient funding.
- Students who received the bursary in 2021 do not need to apply. Such students must, however, meet the 75% average to be considered for the bursary in 2023.
Bursary Required documents
The following documents are required:
- Copy of ID
- Proof of household income
- Parent’s IDs (for dependent applicants)
- Academic record
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes
- first-time Unisa applicants.
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or changing the specialisation of a current qualification.
- applicants in their final year of an undergraduate qualification who wish to continue with postgraduate studies.
Please note: You must apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not register for any reason. Should you experience any system error issue when submitting your application, please send an e-mail, together with a screenshot of the error message, to the relevant college e-mail address. Remember to always include your student number in the subject line of your e-mail.
Unisa Application Requirements 2023
To be admitted into Unisa for 2023, Look out for the following requirements:
- Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification. If you don’t meet these requirements, you may want to consider alternative qualifications. Click here to visit the qualifications page for undergraduate qualifications. Undergraduate application
- Some Unisa qualifications have limited spaces available. Meeting the general and/or specific admission requirements for a qualification does not guarantee that you will be offered a space for the 2022 academic year.
Other Needed Documents
- Certified ID documents
- Latest school result slip
- Email Address( active and unique email address)
- A working cell phone number
Unisa 2023 Application Date
The application date for Unisa varies depending on the chosen qualification. Below are the application dates for the various qualification as scheduled by the university:
Unisa Undergraduate qualifications Application date 2023 :
- Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2023 academic year will be open from 1 September to 14 October 2022.
Unisa Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas Application Open date 2023:
- Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2023 academic year will be open from 1 September to 14 October 2022.
Unisa Master’s & doctoral qualifications Application Open date 2023:
- Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications for the 2023 academic year will be open from 11 September to 14 November 2022 (some exceptions apply).
Unisa Short Learning Programmes Application Open Date 2023:
- Applications and registrations in Short Learning Programmes for the 2023 academic year will be announced in due course. Please be on the lookout for the messages in the next few weeks. As when the administration of Unisa brings out the date, this post will keep you updated.
Is Studying At Unisa Free In 2023
Also read: UNISA Application for 2023 Closing Date