Does Unisa Have 1 Year Courses?
Does Unisa Have 1 Year Short Courses?
The skilled workforce in South Africa and the world at large has now enforced many to improve in knowledge by enrolling in various courses at universities. But due to their busy schedules both at work and home, people find it difficult to attend classes physically, and that is where distance learning comes in. UNISA courses are the best because they are offered through distance learning which makes them the leading distance learning institution that is accredited with world-class resources.
Everyone wanting to start a new Short Learning Programmes must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants, Unisa students changing to a new qualification and applicants who previously applied for admission but were not offered a space. Most of the short courses offered at Unisa have a duration of 1 year.
Online applications are available for all the Short Learning Programmes. You may apply for a maximum of two programmes, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful).
When Are Applications Open For Unisa 1 year Courses For 2023
Applications and registrations in Short Learning Programmes for the 2023 academic year will be announced in due course. Please be on the lookout for the messages in the next few weeks.
Does Unisa Have 1 Year Courses?
Yes, Unisa has. After your application, you will inform of the outcome of your application, latest by the end of January 2023 for semester courses and the end of February 2023 for year programs. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which programme you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie either semester 1 or semester 2).
The 1-year courses at Unisa are termed Short Learning Programmes. Below is the list of short or 1 year courses offered at Unisa for 2023:
Unisa Advanced 1-Year Course
- Advanced Short Course in System Engineering: A Hard Systems Perspective (77078)
- Advanced Short Course in Systems Engineering: A Soft Systems Perspective (77080)
- Advanced Short Learning Course in Sustainability Management (77085)
- Advanced Short Learning Course in System Engineering Management (77081)
- Advanced Short Learning Course in Value Engineering (77084)
Advanced Short Course
- Advanced Short Course in Business Rescue Practice (76790)
- Advanced Short Course in Fundamentals for Strategic Oversight in Information Technology for Board Members (77069)
- Advanced Short Course in Global Business: Intra-Africa and Brics Trade and Investment (77071)
- Advanced Short Course in Intellectual Property Management and Innovation (76818)
- Advanced Short Course in Leading Authentically in a Technologically Disrupted World (77090)
Unisa Short Course
- Short Course for Planning and Conducting Assessment of Learning Outcomes (71005)
- Short Course in Advanced Information Security (76808)
- Short Course in Applied Information Security (76809)
- Short Course in Applied Project Management in an Information Technology Environment (70467)
- Short Course in Basic Business Finance (71307)
- Short Course in Basic Communication Skills in Swati (72842)
- Short Course in Basic Communication Skills in Tsonga (7280X)
- Short Course in Basic Communication Skills in Zulu (72761)
- Short Course in Basic Communication Skills in Afrikaans (72869)
- Short Course in Basic Communication Skills in Northern Sotho (72850)
- Short Course in Basic Communication Skills in Shona (72826)
- Short Course in Basic Communication Skills in Southern Sotho (72818)
- Short Course in Basic Communication Skills in Tswana (72796)
- Short Course in Basic Communication Skills in Venda (7277X)
- Short Course in Basic Communication Skills in Xhosa (72788)
- Short Course in Basic Financial Life Skills (7182X)
- Short Course in Braille Literacy for Teachers and Practitioners (76950)
- Short Course in Business Psychology and Human Behaviour (70475)
- Short Course in Common Wealth Youth Entrepreneurial Education (77009)
- Short Course in Customer Service Management (71641)
- Short Course in Database Design (70041)
- Short Course in Database Implementation (7554X)
- Short Course in Designing and Implementing Telecommunication Networks (70157)
- Short Course in Developing Web Applications with PHP (72095)
- Short Course in Employee Wellness (71579)
- Short Course in English for Speechwriting (76908)
- Short Course in Interpreting the Gospel of Mark in Context (76909)
- Short Course in Environmental Law & Environmental Management Legal Enforcement (76983)
- Short Course in Environmental Law and Liabilities for the Regulated Community (76973)
- Short Course in Functional School Governing Bodies, Parent and Stakeholder Partnership (76821)
- Short Course in I-SET Robotics Problem-solving, Data and Debugging (76984)
- Short Course in ISET Robotics Components and Pedagogy (76820)
- Short Course in Integrating Information Communication and Technology in teaching and Learning (76936)
- Short Course in Introduction to Information Security (70610)
- Short Course in Introduction to Internet and Web Design (70076)
- Short Course in Introduction to Visual Basic.Net Programming (70122)
- Short Course in Introduction to Visual C#.Net (76804)
- Short Course in Managing Health and Nutrition in Adverse Conditions (72540)
- Short Course in Mentoring, Guidance and Support of Teachers and Trainers (71013)
- Short Course in Moderation of assessments (76951)
- Short Course in Multigrade Teaching Methodologies and Assessment in Schools (76816)
- Short Course in Norms and Standards in Early Childhood Education (76949)
- Short Course in Organisational Development: Appreciative Inquiry Approach (72362)
- Short Course in Pension Funds Law (72729)
- Short Course in Public Competition Law (77056)
- Short Course in Refresher Training for Explosives Workers (76831)
- Short Course in SMME Management (72087)
- Short Course in School History Enrichment (76597)
- Short Course in Sport Management (72168)
- Short Course in Strategic Information Systems Planning in Practice (75566)
- Short Course in Student Support And Academic (76933)
- Short Course in Supporting ICT assistants in managing ICT equipment in schools (77020)
- Short Course in Teaching Accounting in Further Education and Training (FET) Phase (77027)
- Short Course in Teaching Biodiversity: Life Sciences Grades 10-12 (76952)
- Short Course in Teaching Methodologies in Education (76981)
- Short Course in The Support of Children at Risk (76977)
- Short Course in Writing a Business Plan (7179X)
- Short Course in the Design of Integrated Assessment for Learning Programmes (71021)
- Short Course in the Introduction to Agribusiness Management (72621)
- Short Course in the Introduction to Creative Writing (72052)
Check your documents & confirm that you are ready to apply. All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consist of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Note: Unisa reserves the right to request original documents and/or to verify the correctness of submitted documents at any time. Submitting fraudulent documents is an offence in terms of the Student Disciplinary Code.
Only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Files are not larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file).
Unisa 1 Year Courses Application fee 2023
- No application fee is applicable when applying for Short Learning Programme
All application, registration and study-related information are available on the Unisa corporate website in both web and mobile formats:
- Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za)
- myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za/)
- Fax enquiries to 012 429 4150
Once all your proper documents are in, have been verified and captured; you would be issued with a letter saying that you are temporarily registered pending payment of the fees as stated in the letter. This letter is called a “TP” letter sent to your e-mail address and it’s backed by an SMS message to your cellphone number. Visit The Official Website Of Unisa For More Details.