Is Studying Through Unisa Difficult?
Is Studying Qualifications Through Unisa Difficult?
Applications for admission to Unisa’s undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) for the 2023 academic year will be open from 1 September to 14 October 2022. Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification. If you don’t meet these requirements, you may want to consider alternative qualifications.
Unisa is known as a provider of fair and equitable access to higher education opportunities. Flowing from its social responsibility to address past inequalities, Unisa has an application and selection process that effectively addresses historical imbalances without sacrificing quality standards.
This process promotes focused attention towards improved student support, and the alignment of our new student intake with the available academic capacity and required infrastructure to maximise all students’ chances of success.
When to Apply To Study At Unisa For 2023
Do you want to study at Unisa for the year 2023, are you sure you meet the admission requirements for your chosen qualifications, ‘if yes’ then start your application now. From the 1st of September 2022 to the 14th of October 2022, the application window for Unisa will be open to all prospective students both South African applicants and international applicants.
Qualifications, Courses And Programmes Offered At Unisa
Unisa is known as a provider of fair and equitable access to higher education opportunities. Flowing from its social responsibility to address past inequalities. The University offers numerous courses in the various qualifications:
- Unisa Undergraduate qualifications,
- Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas,
- Master’s & doctoral qualifications,
- Short Learning Programmes.
To choose a course that suits your career Click Here.
Is Studying Through Unisa Difficult?
How Many Qualifications Can You Apply for At Unisa
You can apply for a maximum of two qualifications. You may be offered a space based on the following: whether you meet the academic admission requirements for your qualification of choice, your minimum points score and the number of spaces available for the qualification for which you have applied.
Applicants need to check that they qualify for admission and that they have the necessary documents ready to upload during the application process. Prospective students should make sure they:
- meet the statutory and college admission requirements for my qualification(s) of choice.
- meet the minimum academic points score (APS) for my qualification(s) of choice.
- have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number, and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address and cellphone number. Please ensure that you provide only one e-mail address and one cellphone number during the application process.
* If you do not have an e-mail address, you may create a free e-mail address via Gmail before you start the application process.
** Remember to save your e-mail address and password.
** It is very important that you check your e-mails regularly for communication from Unisa about your application.
The following documents are to be scanned and uploaded to an electronic device:
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consist of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
What Is The Application Fees For Unisa For 2023
Pay the online application fee of R125,00.
- Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (eg STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030)
- Send your proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for Unisa’s payment methods and banking details.
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices. The due date for the application fee is the closing date for the application period. Any application submitted without an application fee paid on time will not be processed. Please ensure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment.
What Is The Application Process For Unisa In 2023
Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the required academics points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). The minimum APS score differs from college to college, and from qualification to qualification. Please refer to each qualification for the admission requirements:
Applying for admission to a master’s or doctoral degree comprises three steps:
- Apply for a student number (only applicable if you do not already have a formal Unisa student number).
- Apply for admission.
- Upload the compulsory supporting documents. These documents are displayed in red on the upload platform. Students who obtained qualifications outside the borders of South Africa must have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and upload a SAQA certificate of evaluation during the application process (https://www.saqa.org.za). Incomplete applications will not be considered. Is Studying Through Unisa Difficult?
Unisa will accept applications based on the following criteria:
- The suitability and viability of the intended research.
- Adequate supervisory capacity and research expertise in the discipline or department.
- An approved selection procedure which is in line with Unisa’s Policy on Equality and Diversity.
Unisa will assess your application, which includes the points score system. You may be offered a space for the 2023 academic year based on the following: whether you meet the academic admission requirements for your qualification of choice, your minimum academic points score (APS) and the number of spaces available for the qualification for which you have applied.
How to Accept Unisa’s Application Offer For 2023
The verification of applications takes some time. You may only receive feedback from Unisa six to eight weeks after the closing date for applications:
- If your application for admission to the 2023 academic year is successful, Unisa will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied and will also indicate for which qualification you are being offered a space.
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time (10 days from the date of the offer).
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- You will only be permitted to register for the qualification for which you have accepted the offer.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the 2023 academic year. If not, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
General resources: websites, general SMS, fax and e-mail enquiries. A number of administrative processes, including the convenience of fee payments and information about examinations, are available on the following platforms. All application, registration and study-related information are available on the Unisa corporate website in both web and mobile formats:
- Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za)
- myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za/)
- Fax enquiries to 012 429 4150
You must meet the admission requirements for the qualification for which you are applying for credits and/or exemptions. A maximum of 50% of the prescribed credits may be awarded in the form of credits and exemptions. No exemptions will be granted for Unisa’s signature modules. Unisa reserves the right to grant and/or decline applications for exemptions or credit transfers. Visit The Official Website Of Unisa For More Details.