Can I Apply At Unisa For The Second Semester Of 2023
Can I Apply Online At Unisa For The Second Semester Of 2023
The administration of Unisa has announced the second-semester application date for the 2023 academic year. Unisa will accept applications for second 2nd semester admission to undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, BTech & degrees) for the 2023 academic year from 17th April to 5th May 2023.
Unisa is known as a provider of fair and equitable access to higher education opportunities. Flowing from its social responsibility to address past inequalities, Unisa has an application and selection process that effectively addresses historical imbalances without sacrificing quality standards.
If you will like to apply for the second semester at Unisa for the 2023 academic year, it is quite easy. Make sure you have all the required documentation as demanded by the university and you are good to go. This process promotes focused attention towards improved student support, and the alignment of its new student intake with the available academic capacity and required infrastructure to maximise all students’ chances of success.
Which Date Can I Apply Online At Unisa For The Second Semester Of 2023
All applicants applying to Unisa for the 2023 second semester are to apply in the given period. Applications to the 2023 second semester at Unisa begin from the 17th of April 2023 to the 5th of May 2023. Applications that will be submitted after the application deadline will be denied.
Who is Eligible To Apply For Unisa Second Semester 2023
Anyone who missed the 2023 semester one application section at Unisa shouldn’t worry at all because the second semester has just been open. The following people are qualified to apply for admission:
- first-time Unisa applicants.
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialisation.
- applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space accepted the offer and did not register.
- students completing a higher certificate or any other programme and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
Second Semester Courses Offered At Unisa For 2023
Unisa is open for the following courses and programmes:
- Unisa Undergraduate qualifications
- Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas
- Short Learning Programmes
- Master’s & doctoral qualifications
To have a view of all the courses offered at Unisa, Click HERE.
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consist of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Also, applicants must check :
- that you meet the statutory and college admission requirements for my qualification(s) of choice.
- that they meet the minimum academic points score (APS) for my qualification(s) of choice.
- that they have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number, and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address and cellphone number. Please ensure that you provide only one e-mail address and one cellphone number during the application process.
* If you do not have an e-mail address, you may create a free e-mail address via Gmail before you start the application process.
** Remember to save your e-mail address and password.
** It is very important that you check your e-mails regularly for communication from Unisa about your application.
Unisa 2023 Second Semester Application Process
Undergraduate students applying to Unisa for the 2023 academic year must follow the below procedure:
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (eg semester 1).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- First-time applicants to Unisa will be required to complete the First-Year Experience MOOC (massive open online course) before being able to accept Unisa’s offer.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission. Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Contact Unisa Undergraduate applications
- All application, registration and study-related information are available on the Unisa corporate website in both web and Mobi formats.
- Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za)
- The myUnisa website.
- myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za/)
- Fax enquiries to 012 429 4150
Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the required academics points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). The minimum APS score differs from college to college, and from qualification to qualification. Hope this post has been of help To You, Visit The Official Website Of Unisa For More Details.