Can I Apply At Unisa Without Matric?
Can I Apply To Study At Unisa Without Matric?
Matric (or matriculation), refers to the final year of high school and the accompanying certificate you get. Sometimes, the word is used to mean the minimum requirements for joining a university. Anyone in his or her final year of school in South Africa is also known as a matriculant.
Without matriculation, you will not be able to register and study at Unisa because attaining a National Senior Certificate is insufficient, It just prepares you for a fantastic opportunity at a prestigious university, as it is possible to miss out even with excellent scores.
Rewriting matric at Unisa is not permitted but there are a lot of other opportunities at Unisa for improving it. An adult can consider Adult Basic Education Training (ABET), which is for anyone with an education level below Grade 9. Options if you do not have the National Senior Certificate. If you want to study at Unisa, there are some steps to take to be able to study.
Online Application Date For Unisa Tvet College
- Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2023 academic year are from the 1st of September to the 14th of October 2022
- Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2023 academic year are from the 1st of September to the 14th of October 2022.
- Applications for admission to master’s & doctoral qualifications will be open from 11 September to 14 November 2022 (some exceptions apply).
- Applications for 2022 registrations of UNISA’s Short Learning Programmes (SLPs) are open from 11 September 2022 until 28 February 2023
To be able to apply to study at Unisa without Matric, check out the following:
- Look at the entrance criteria for all the UNISA courses
- Take special care that you look at courses with lower entrance criteria
- Do the work in order to reach the entrance criteria (for example, upgrading your Matric marks or gaining your Adult Matric)
- Make sure you have at least 2 choices in your application
- Look at alternatives to a degree, such as a higher certificate or diploma courses
- Look at certificate and diploma courses that can lead to degree alternatives – i.e they are on the same level as a degree
Note: If you do not have a matric you may be anxious about your future job prospects. However, you don’t have to start with a university degree. Starting with a certificate or diploma can get your career started, and get you excellent work experience while you improve your qualifications over the years.
Can I Register At Unisa Without Matric Certificate
No, you cannot apply to study at Unisa without Matric Certificate.
Matric Courses Offered At Unisa
Unisa is noted for providing access to higher education and offers a variety of courses that shapes the future of its students:
- Accounting Sciences
- Agriculture & Environmental Sciences
- Economic & Management Sciences
- Human Sciences
- Science, Engineering & Technology
To apply for the 2023 academic year at Unisa, please make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Anyone interested in beginning a new qualification must apply for admission.
This includes first-time Unisa applicants as well as current Unisa students switching to a new qualification and/or specialization.
- If you want to continue your undergraduate studies after finishing a higher certificate, you must apply for admission.
- If you previously applied for admission and were offered a spot, but did not accept the offer and/or did not register for whatever reason, you must reapply.
- Under the Unisa-TVET agreement, anyone who wishes to enrol in classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college must apply for admission.
Can I Apply At Unisa Without Matric?
How To Apply For Unisa 2023
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie semester 1).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- First-time applicants to Unisa will be required to complete the First-Year Experience (FYE) MOOC (massive open online course) before being able to accept Unisa’s offer.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission. Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
- Student enquiries
Contact details for student assistance and service
- Ethics Hotline
0800 005 311
- Visit us
All students must book a space before visiting any Unisa office
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Contact Unisa Undergraduate applications
- All application, registration and study-related information are available on the Unisa corporate website in both web and Mobi formats.
- Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za)
- The myUnisa website.
- myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za/)
- Fax enquiries to 012 429 4150
Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the required academics points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). The minimum APS score differs from college to college, and from qualification to qualification. Hope this post has been of help To You, Visit The Official Website Of Unisa For More Details.