Occupational Health Nursing Courses At Unisa
Occupational Health Nursing Courses At Unisa 2023
Healthcare education is now one of the fastest growing faculties in today’s world thus Unisa has introduced a course for occupational health nursing for students to gain introductory knowledge, research skills, and applied competence in occupational health and safety law and selected aspects of legislation relating to occupational health and safety, compensation for occupational injuries and diseases, health and safety in the mines, and unemployment insurance.
To gain admission into a nursing course at Unisa for the 2023 academic year, applicants are to have a pass in Mathematics, Physical Sciences, and Biology and are recommended for Matriculation studies. Candidates will be admitted to the program if they have completed level 4 or literacy level 5 in mathematics, level 4 in physical science, and level 4 in life science.
Your admission to Unisa will depend on you meeting the statutory admission requirements. Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification). The due date for uploading the required documents is the application’s closing date. No documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted.
Applications for admission to Unisa’s undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) for the 2023 academic year were open from 1 September to 14 October 2022.
List Of Occupational Health Nursing Courses At Unisa 2023
The University of South Africa (Unisa) offers many Health and Safety courses at different qualification levels. Below is the list of occupational health Nursing courses offered at Unisa for 2023:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 Short Course
- Care for the Caregiver Short Course
- Safety Management (Diploma NQF level 6)
- Logotherapy Meaning-Centred Living, Counselling and Psychotherapy Train-The-Trainor Short Course
- Managing Health and Nutrition in Adverse Conditions Short Course
- The Support of Children at Risk Short Course
- Training Trainers in HIV and AIDS Care and Counselling Short Course
- Practical skills for HIV AIDS Care and Counselling Short Course
Note: The courses have varying durations since Unisa is an open-distance e-learning university which allows students to pursue their studies by using online systems and structuring their courses according to their different schedules.
Unisa Admission Application Requirements For Occupational Health Nursing Courses At Unisa
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consist of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
You might need to pay an application fee using the bank details specified on Unisa’s website. However, there are no application fees for Short Learning programmes.
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available.
Applicants who are willing to enrol on occupational health nursing courses at Unisa for 2023 should follow the below process to apply:
- Go to: http://www.unisa.ac.za/
- Click on Apply for admission
- Click on the type of programme you would like to apply for
- Click on Apply for admission again
- Read the information and click on “apply online”
- From there you will be asked to fill in your personal details
- Select the qualification you want to apply for
- Complete all the required fields in the application form
- Upload the required documents
- Submit your application
All application, registration and study-related information are available on the Unisa corporate website in both web and Mobi formats.
- Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za)
- myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za/)
- Fax enquiries to 012 429 4150
Unisa fresh applicants for 2023 will pay an application fee of R125.00. This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
The due date for the application fee is the closing date for the application period. Any application submitted without an application fee paid on time will not be processed. Please ensure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment. Visit the official website of Unisa for More Details.