Diploma in Accounting Sciences
Diploma in Accounting Sciences
The goal of UNISA Diploma in Accounting Sciences is to give students with knowledge, skills, and applied competence in the domains of accounting, auditing, financial management, and taxation so that they can meet the requirements set forth by the accounting profession.
Qualification code: 98200
NQF level: 6
Total credits: 360
SAQA ID: 83289
Maximum time to complete this qualification: 8 years
Qualification Admission Requirements
You must meet the exact entrance requirements for your selected qualification in order to be admitted to UNISA.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) (Diploma endorsement) with at least 50% in the language of teaching and learning and at least 40% in Mathematics,
- A Senior Certificate (SC) with at least a D symbol on HG or a C symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning and with at least an E symbol on HG in Mathematics,
- A Higher Certificate in Accounting Sciences or a Higher Certificate in Economic and Management Sciences,
an Advanced Certificate in Accounting Sciences.
- Applicants, who do not comply with the above requirements, should consider applying for a lower level qualification for which they meet the statutory and additional requirements.
UNISA Student fees and funding your studies
Application fee: Pay the online application fee of R120 once you have received your student number. Please note that this application cost is non-refundable regardless of whether you decide not to study at UNISA, do not qualify for admission to UNISA, or are unable to be awarded a spot due to space constraints.
Student Fees: Learn more about UNISA’s student fees, as well as bursaries and loans available to UNISA students, by clicking here.
Apply for Admission Online 2022
Online Applications for Admission to UNISA’s undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) will be open from 11 August to 15 October 2021.
Please keep the following in mind:
- All UNISA Applications for Admission must be filed online. There will be no self-help booths available for applicants.
- A qualification does not come with a guarantee of acceptance. It depends on whether you meet the entrance requirements and whether there is room available.
TVET Colleges can provide further support for this qualification.
Unisa has partnered with a number of Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges to provide classes in a variety of qualifications. These classes have shown to boost the throughput rate of students who enroll in them in general.
Remember the following:
- Ensure that the TVET college of your choosing provides assistance with your chosen qualification.
- Apply for Admission to UNISA through your TVET College or UNISA during the application period.
UNISA Registration for 2022
All successful applicants who have confirmed their acceptance of UNISA’s offer will receive information about registration dates and the registration process from UNISA. For further information on how to register, go to www.unisa.ac.za/register.
Curriculum / modules
OTHER RELATED LINKS: