Can You Apply For A Degree With A Higher Certificate At Unisa?
Can You Apply For A Degree With A Higher Certificate At Unisa 2023?
Higher certificates serve as bridging courses for students who do not meet the requirements of diploma or degree courses. These qualifications are done for a minimum of one year giving students a strong foundation of the degree qualification. Applicants who are applying for higher certificates at Unisa for the 2023 academic year must be mindful of the qualifications they can do after they have successfully completed their higher certificate courses.
Prospective students who passed with a bachelor’s degree, diploma or higher certificate endorsement can apply for higher certificate courses keeping in mind they meet the other requirements. The minimum duration of higher certificate qualifications at Unisa is 1 year but students can finish their higher certificates qualifications in 3 years depending on the number of modules taken a year
Higher certificates are obtained over a period of one year. It is a skills-based qualification, which means that a lot of focus is put into how skills are applied. There is a focus on achieving a set of skills required to perform within the chosen field, and the qualification is typically industry orientated. You will receive a basic introduction along with practical techniques that help you gain entry into your chosen field.
Can You Apply For A Degree With A Higher Certificate At Unisa For 2023?
Students who have completed a higher certificate and want to apply for admission to a diploma or degree should check out the list of related qualifications and the requirements. Please note that completion of a lower-level qualification, such as a higher certificate, is not a guarantee that you will be admitted to the higher-level qualification (eg diploma or bachelor’s degree), as spaces are limited.
Higher Certificate Courses Available At Unisa
Unisa’s undergraduate qualifications are offered at different NQF levels. You can apply for admission to two qualifications, so you may want to apply for a lower-level qualification in addition to your qualification of choice. Below is the list of higher certificate courses that are currently available at Unisa:
- Higher Certificate in Accounting Sciences (98201)
- Higher Certificate in Animal Welfare (90098)
- Higher Certificate in Life and Environmental Sciences (98366)
- Higher Certificate in Adult Basic Education and Training (98615)
- Higher Certificate in Education (90093)
- Higher Certificate in Banking (98225)
- Higher Certificate in Insurance (90013)
- Higher Certificate in Marketing (98229)
- Higher Certificate in Retailing (90014)
- Higher Certificate in Supervisory Management (90015)
- Higher Certificate in Tourism Management (98226)
- Higher Certificate in Social Auxiliary Work (90011)
- Higher Certificate in Archives and Records Management
- Higher Certificate in Criminal Justice (90006)
- Higher Certificate in Law (98751)
Unisa Higher Certificate in Education
|Qualification stream:||Foundation Phase and Intermediate Phase|
|Qualification code:||90093 – FIP|
|Maximum time to complete this qualification:||3 years|
Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification:
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with at least 40% in the language of teaching and learning
- a Senior Certificate (SC) with at least an E symbol on HG or a D symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning,
- a National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4 with an equivalent of at least 40% in the language of teaching and learning in terms of the NSC.
General resources: websites, general SMS, fax and e-mail enquiries. A number of administrative processes, including the convenience of fee payments and information about examinations, are available on the following platforms. All application, registration and study-related information are available on the Unisa corporate website in both web and Mobi formats:
- Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za)
- myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za/)
- Fax enquiries to 012 429 4150
Unisa will assess your application, which includes the points score system. You may be offered a space for the 2023 academic year based on the following: whether you meet the academic admission requirements for your qualification of choice, your minimum academic points score (APS) and the number of spaces available for the qualification for which you have applied. Visit Unisa For Details.