Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2024-2025
Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2024-2025: Beit Trust Scholarship 2024/25
The Beit Scholarships to be awarded are for the 2024-2025 academic year beginning September 2023 for universities in the UK; and January 2024 for universities in South Africa and the application process is now open.
The Beit Trust Scholarships 2024-2025 are for Postgraduate degrees only. Beit Trust does not provide scholarships for undergraduate work and their postgraduate focus is on Master’s Degrees.
The Trust will only consider applicants who are both eligible and qualified to apply.
Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2024-2025 Eligibility Requirements
- By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust supports ONLY students who are nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi, who hold permanent residence, live there and/or intend to return to their country after their studies.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2023. Relevant experience of work after completion of a first degree is strongly recommended and will count towards the award of a scholarship.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2023. They should have completed 18 months of internship, and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi.
- The Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
- The Trust will only consider applicants with First Class/Distinction or Upper Second Class degrees (or equivalent) at undergraduate level.
Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2024-2025 Cover
- Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses. These are paid by the Trust direct to the Partner Universities.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and departure.
- Economy Class tickets are provided for the initial journey to the place of study and on the final return.
- No allowances are paid for spouses and other family members or dependants.
How to Apply for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2024-2025
The next round of applications will open during September 2023 for the academic year of 2024/2025 for UK Partner Universities, and for the academic years of 2025 and 2026 for South African Partner Universities.
UK Partner University Applications Procedure:
- Applicant should apply directly to one or more of the Partner Universities, and only to those universities. Apply via their websites, which will guide you.
- Alert the relevant university, as part of your study application, that you will be approaching the Beit Trust for scholarship funding.
- You may apply to more than one Partner University at a time as long as the course/s you wish to pursue is available. Indeed, the Trust recommends you do so, to have your chances of acceptance, and to broaden the scholarship opportunities available.
- You should apply as early as possible to The Beit Trust for a scholarship once you have an offer from your chosen Partner University.
- Upload all the supporting documents via the Scholarship application link, below in green.
- You need three referees: Academic, Character and Employer (as appropriate). They have separate and individual forms, the link for which must be forwarded to them by you, the applicant. The link becomes available once you have submitted your scholarship application form electronically.
- We prefer referees to use the link provided in the application form. If, however, they can only provide their reference by email, please forward them the relevant forms, which you can download below. Beit Trust Scholarship 2024/25
Download Academic Reference Form – Download Character Reference Form – Download Employer Reference Form
The completed forms must be returned directly from the referee via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
South African Partner University applications:
Because the South African University application process opens after the Beit Trust Scholarship application deadline of 20 February 2023, They will accept scholarship applications for South African Universities for the year 2024-2025 without a confirmed offer.
- Please follow the steps above. Where you are asked to upload your university offer letter, please provide instead the details of the courses and universities that you will be applying for, in PDF format. Your scholarship application will then be considered alongside the applicants for UK universities, as part of the same entry-year cohort.
- The Trust will sift your application as part of our selection process. If you are successful and shortlisted for an interview, you will go to the relevant Beit Trust national selection Board.
- If you are then offered a scholarship from the Trust – and not all those selected for an interview receive an offer – you will then need to apply for entry to a South African Partner University (as set out on our website). You may indicate in your application that you have been awarded a Beit Scholarship.
- Should you get an offer, we ask that you submit it to us as soon as you receive it. Should you not be successful in obtaining an offer, the scholarship will not, unfortunately, be available to you.
Required Documents for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2024-2025 Application
You will be required to upload the following documents with your application. Please ensure you have all the documents below ready to upload electronically.
- A signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Please download the form here: Medical Certificate Form
- A copy of your offer letter from a UK Partner University/s; or a PDF document detailing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at a South African Partner University/s.
- Degree results (incl. certificates of importance and full transcripts).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A personal statement (no longer than 500 words) to explain in your own words how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development.
- A clear recent photograph of yourself: not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage.
- A clear copy of your valid passport, showing the date of issue and expiry. Please ensure it is valid for the duration of your proposed studies; and that sufficient blank pages are available to accommodate visa and travel stamp requirements.
OTHER RELATED LINKS: