Auxiliary Nursing Course at Unisa 2023 Application
Auxiliary Nursing Course at Unisa 2023
The University of South Africa, UNISA Auxiliary Nursing Course is to prepare the student with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitude to function as a clinically focussed, service-orientated, independent nurse practitioner, who is able to render competent nursing care as determined by the appropriate scope of practice.
Again, this programme will provide the student with the necessary scientific knowledge, clinical practice, and interpersonal skills. The programme will also socialise the student into the profession so that he/she can demonstrate the appropriate attitude, behavior, and image of the profession and uphold the ethical and legal codes that govern professional practice.
After the student has completed this programme, he or she will be able to register with the South African Nursing Council (SANC), as an Auxiliary Nurse and will be able to enroll in further higher education studies in nursing.
Abilities of the Student
The student must be able to:
- Demonstrate common sense and the ability to solve problems
- Show a genuine desire to work with people, especially those who are ill and need assistance
- Have a pleasant well-mannered disposition, well groomed and emotionally mature with a positive attitude towards life
- Have good health and high stamina level that meets the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual demands of the occupation of nursing
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
READ ALSO: UNISA Nursing Application 2023-2024
Admission Requirements to Study Auxiliary Nursing Course at UNISA for 2023
Any student who wishes to apply for Admission to study auxiliary nursing at UNISA for the 2023 academic year must meet the following admission requirements:
- Minimum statutory NSC requirements for entrance into higher education, diploma entry level
- Language English at NSC achievement rating of 4 (50-59%)
- Mathematical literacy at NSC achievement rating of 3 (40-49%)
- Computer literacy at NSC achievement rating of 3 (40-49%)
- Life Sciences at NSC achievement rating of 3 (40-49%)
How to Apply for Auxiliary Nursing Course at UNISA for 2023-2024
Applications for admission to UNISA undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) for the 2023 academic year are open from 11 August to 15 October 2022. Apply before the closing date
- To Apply, go to UNISA Application portal at www.unisa.ac.za and submit your application online for 2023.
OTHER RELATED LINKS:
For more information, visit https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default/Apply-for-admission/Undergraduate-qualifications